Moonlight

Moonlight
Moonlight in our Big Sky

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Clean without Poison?

I've always been interested in cleaning my home without all the harsh chemicals.  I even have books with recipes!!  But it wasn't until just recently when my children, now old enough, started helping with cleaning the bathrooms that it really hit home for me.  I don't want them touching those chemicals.  I don't want it anywhere near them.

I made a purchase recently that I think was a good one.  It's called HomePro  Clean Smart Quickie.  They are Microfiber cloths.  There is one for kitchen and bathroom, one for stainless steel, another for glass and windows and still another for dusting and polishing.  I've now tried all of them.  First I cleaned my bathroom mirrors by spraying some water on them and rubbing them with the glass/window cloth.  Unbelievable.  So nice.  Shiny, clean and no streaks with no ammonia!!!  Happy Girl.

Yesterday I tried the stainless steel one on my fridge and dishwasher and it really did clean off the fingerprints and smudges and leave it looking nice.  I had to wet the cloth for some of the stubborn stickies but it did a good job.

Today I cleaned my bathrooms using the appropriate cloth.  WOW!  Now that one impressed me.  I didn't use anything to help it and it left my sink sparkly.  It also took the soapy scum off the shower and tub.  I tried using the window/mirror one on the shower door and it didn't do as good a job with the soap scum.  I'll have to use the bathroom one next time.

I had a similar version of the dusting one before and this one worked the same.  It seems like it just sucks up the dust and then velcros itself to it.  So there's no dust making you sneeze or causing irritation.  Just  a clean surface.

One nice feature is that they are color coded.  The glass/window cloth is blue, the stainless steel cloth is silver, the dust/polish cloth is brown/tan and the kitchen/bath cloth is green.

All in all I'm pretty pleased.  My home is clean and there's no chemical smell in my house.  Maybe I should use one for washing my floors........

Planning on washing my windows next.... let you know how that turns out.

I'm going to look in my books and maybe try some different recipes to help in the harder areas but so far I'm pretty pleased with the results without anything but the cloths.  These cloths could end up saving a lot of money too.  If I don't need to buy all the cleaning agents this could free up some of my monthly budget for other things!

Just trying to keep it clean, healthy, and cheap out here In The Middle Of NoWhere!!

1 comment:

  1. A color coded home, accessories, and bathroom that sounds like a genius way to stay organized and keep lifes chaos under control!

    -Solomon Berkovitch
    Shower Enclosures Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete