Moonlight

Moonlight
Moonlight in our Big Sky

Monday, September 17, 2012

Howdy!

Howdy to anyone reading.  This is my first ever blog entry and I thought I'd introduce myself:

I'm a stay at home, homeschooling, Christian Momma.  A transplanted Canadian; no I don't say 'eh, I've never even seen an igloo never mind lived in one, I don't drink beer and I HATE hockey!!  I am a cowgirl/farmgirl who loves the heirloom arts and desires to live as self sufficient a life style as possible.  I grow a garden and then preserve it.  I like to raise my own meat because then I know what it was fed and how it was treated.  I'm also a fan of natural medicine.  Herbs, homeopathic, essential oils, etc.  Haven't got it all figured out but I'm learning as I go and thought I might share my journey with others who want to learn the same things.

I live in The Middle Of NoWhere, literally.  I am 45 minutes to an hour from any semblance of  civilization.  Lately, I've felt that I live in The Middle Of NoWhere emotionally and spiritually.  Life is a tough ride, isn't it?  I'm a Christian which doesn't mean I've got it all figured out it just means I'm forgiven.  Sanctification is a rocky road of repentance and I personally get frustrated with my idiocy.  Why do I always need a sledge hammer to the head before I figure stuff out???

Marriage!  There's a minefield.  If I had known it would be this tough I'm not so sure I would have put on that pretty white dress.  I've been delving into this subject of late trying to figure it out.  This spring nearly ended my marriage.  With the stuff that happened I was advised to divorce and I'm thinking most women would have.  And to be perfectly honest, I wanted to.  But after a lot of time on my face in prayer.... well I just don't feel released.  I'm where God wants me and I want to be obedient to Him so here I stay.  Lord willing my marriage will become what it is meant to be.  But if not, than Lord willing I will still become who the Lord has destined for me to be.

Parenting.  Toughest job I've ever done but also the best.  Unless you are a mother yourself you can not comprehend the love I have for those children.  I joke that I'm a Grizzly sow with cubs but really it's not a joke.  Mess with my kids and you'll know what I'm talking about.  I LOVE being a mother and I ADORE my children.  My moments of greatest pride involve my children.  I recognize how human they are, and yes they can annoy me, but raising them is the best and most important thing I've ever done or ever will do.  Doesn't it feel awesome when someone tells you how good your kids are, or how smart they are, or even goes so far as to tell you that you are a good parent?!?!  I'm going to remember this and then when I'm an old woman and I see an exhausted mother doing her utmost to raise her children I'm going to encourage her as I've been encouraged!

Well that's a taste of who I am and what's to come.  I look forward to meeting you and sharing this journey,  In The Middle Of NoWhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment